Wednesday

Pound Cake

My son wanted a Car cake for his 3rd B'day. That did put me in a spot as making a cake the shape of his fav. toy car was a challenge for an amateur baker like me. Tried all the shops and tried to get the custom cake for him, however when they did add up the cost, I could have got at least 3 cakes for him...so decided to take up the challenge. I was new to baking so made shortcut with the readymade frosting. Thanks a Lott P for lending me this rec.The recipe for cake is;


2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 cup conf. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp bkg powder
1/2 cup oil or butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1tbsn milk

Mix well Sugar and eggs. Add flour and bakg powdr, then add butter or oil, vanilla and milk if needed
Preheat oven @ 350 f and bake for 30 mins.


P.S. I like to use butter instead of oil,, makes the cake nice and buttery..


So after I baked the round cake, I traced the shape of this car on it and cut the cake accordingly. The filing I used was basic custard filling. I generally Use Brown and Polson Custard Powder which I can get from local grocery store.

No comments: