Friday

More for the Mania...


Here I am posting a few more pictures of the cakes which I made over the last few months.

This one i made for my sons 5th B'day...he wanted a "Mator on job" Cake.




















This one was for R and M's Baby shower.
This cake was for dear friend's daughter when she visited me on her 8th month b'day


This cake, I made for my kids to welcome summer.

This is an eggless cake. I wanted to make a simple cake with no eggs.

The rec. goes as;

1/2 tin condensed milk (200gms)

2 3/4 cups plain flour (280gms)

1 tsp baking powder1/2 tsp baking soda (soda bicarb)

2 tsp icing sugar1/2 cup butter melted (60gms)

1/2 tsp vanilla essence100 ml milk100 ml soda water


Method

Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, all together 2 to 3 times. Keep aside. Pour condensed milk in a bowl. Add the butter, and beat well till smooth. Add the flour spoon by spoon, mixing into the condensed milk mixture. In between, add milk as required if the butter begins to get too stiff.[Stir the mixture in one direction only all the while. This will incorporate more air and make the cake lighter].Once all the flour is used up, beat the batter as above till light (5-7 minutes). Add the soda and mix gently till smooth. Pour into a greased cake tin. Do not smooth with a spoon etc. If the consistency is right this will not be needed. Pre-heat over to 300o c. Place tin inside. Bake at 200o c for 5-7 minutes and 150o c till done. (35 to 40 minutes). Poke with a skewer and check. Cool a little. Invert on wire rack. Cool completely before doing icing if any.

And this was for my young friend who turned "1" in January, 2009.




I must specially mention here, that his MOM is my BEST Buddy and my inspiration. She juggles Kids, Home and School so well, that one wonders if she has extra sets of hands...she had planned a Zoo Theme for his b'day and had even made the animal faces cutouts from scratch. To match up with her art and creativity, I had to put the "xtra" mile in my cake too. I made the icing using fresh cream.the Rec. for stabilized whipped cream icing will follow in later posts..

No comments: