Saturday

Zoo Cake

Animal Cake

Animal Cake
This cake I made for a dear Friends Daughters 2nd Bday. She had a Jungle theme. So i made a two layer cake with White and brown layers so when cut it looked like a zebra pattern.. Will try to upload the zebra pattern soon.... Happy birthday R..and Thanks for liking the cake.

Some of my friends wanted to know the decoration of this cake, so here it goes for them,
I made 12 gates from popsicle sticks
and had 5 small plastic animals, and the stones and tress are from anr animal set which I brought from Party City.
To assemble the cake, I took Two 2 layer cakes of 13" 9" and had them sawed for frosting.
IN between the layers I had the icing and pinepapples as filling and frosted the cake and sprinkled some coloured sugar which I got from Regular Grocery stores.
For the Icing rec, see here;
http://indulge-ashscorner.blogspot.com/2009/06/whipped-cream-icing-cake.html
Hope you enjoy making this cake and share pic's here.

2 comments:

DV said...

Awesome creativity!!!

Teena said...

Zoo cake looks cute! Hope the b'day girl loved it! I would love to see your sweet & romantic recipes for my ''Valentine's Day Event'' :)