Wednesday

Bowling Pins Birthday cake- with homemade White Chocolate Fondant

I have been asked to make some cakes by none other than a few 8 year olds. Once they know they can have a theme based cake which not many can have from a grocery store, they have been asking me to come up with  a few cake ideas. This was for my sons best friend who turned 8 years old. They had  a bowling bday party. The kids freaked out at the bowling alley, thanks K for the party, they had a rolling time shooting the pins and at times falling when lifting the heavy balls.
Everything on this cake is edible. I made the track with marbleized effect, bowling balls and pins from modelling white chocolate or white chocolate fondant as it is commonly known. This cake would be special for me, as I learned  a new thing about the modeling chocolate and how great it tastes when compared with Fondant. You will be seeing a lot of models from this magic product on this blog now on. I drew the pins in 2 sizes free hand on paper, then laminated that sheet and then cutting it out, to use as a template for my pins. Hope you all like my efforts for this cake.


For the white chocolate fondant Click here

I needed to make  a 10 inch cake and about 12 cupcakes, so my prep with the white chocolate fondant looked like this.


Just coz I was so thrilled at the successful attempts, one more click,



There is no recipe as such for the cake, I made from the box, for the lack of time and convenience the boxed mixes offers to me. Whip me for using the boxed mix, but what a lazy girl to do!!

 The icing is whipped cream pudding icing.

** Whipped Cream icing can be made by using simply Heavy Whipping Cream and Conf Sugar,, The Rec is as

Follows..
One Cup heavy Whipping Cream
Half Cup Conf Sugar
**One packet Instant pudding mix. OR
IF desired One Packet Unflavored Gelatin dissolved in water.

Take a bigger bowl and keep some ice cubes in that.. Over the cubes place anr bowl. Take one cup cream and add sugar and Pudding mix( if needed )... and beat with electric mixer for about 5-7 mins on medium till soft peaks are on the blade. The icing is ready.



Since I cannot stop at just one, I added the dozen cupcakes with the pins as cupcake toppers. The kids loved the pins and before the cake they pins were gobbled by  a bunch of 8 year olds, requesting 2 pins be added to the cake next time onwards.


Photobucket

19 comments:

foodydelight said...

great job........looks too good

foodydelight.com

Ansh said...

Looks Good, Ash. But yes.. next time I do wanna see a real cake .. no cake box cake :D

Square Meals said...

Lovely work Ash..you are one creative lady:-)

Aparna from Square Meals

chef and her kitchen said...

very delicious cupcakes..looks yummm

Ms.Chitchat said...

A truly commendable job. They look so adorable that your boys must have gone gaga over it.

Anonymous said...

This is really interesting…
bangalorewithlove.com

Unknown said...

Lovely cake. I have been wanting to try chocolate fondant for a long time but have been too lazy. I've heard it's a lot better than regular fondant.

Julie said...

Great efforts..stll to try my hands on fondant,looks very delicious,Ash!!
Cook in any recipe with Cilantro/Cumin as one of the main ingredients & rush it in my EP Series-Herbs n Spices
Erivum Puliyum

Manali said...

Very creative ashwini ! Keep up the good work:)
Love Manali.

Pari Vasisht said...

Hi. Happy Gudi Padwa. First time here, beautiful cake. Following you now on.

Foodelicious
MARCH EVENT, ‘Only’-South Indian & Cook Book Giveaway

Amelia said...

Hi Ash, wow.. you cake look so cute. Too good to be eaten, lovely color of the cake and nice decoration.

Have a nice day.

P/S referring the strawberry kit kat in my blog, it's only available in Japan not sold in other country.

lubnakarim06 said...

Very creative cake....looks fab....

Blackswan said...

Ash, u're so talented! Just when I just got over your last doll cake, u came up with another to surprise me. Thumbs-up!

Shoutforfood said...

This is absolutely gorgeous.I love bowling.

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

this looks really delicious n very attractive also...awesome work.loved it....
Maha

LeoPaw said...

Nice cake. Now I need to try how it tastes. :).....

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Such a lovely cake, looks fantastic.

Kavi said...

Yum! That looks sooo good! :D I miss gawking at your posts!! :) Its going to be a long day of visual treats for me when I'm back! ;)

San said...

Luscious cake, iam salivating here. Appreciate your creativity.