Sunday

Doll Cake


I made this cake for a friends one year old's birthday. I had made a doll cake before, so I had the basic idea of how the cake needs to be done, but wanted this to be one of my best works, so put in the extra work of making the dress. As usual. I used the starburst candy to make the halter dress, but the dress stuck to the doll and it looked like a glam doll, so made the stole with the handmade rose broach. Now my doll was more fit for a one year's birthday.

For the crowd I use the boxed cake mix, as it never fails and cuts the work in half. I added mango puree instead of water to add in the Mango Flavor. The icing is whipped cream pudding icing.

** Whipped Cream icing can be made by using simply Heavy Whipping Cream and Conf Sugar,, The Rec is as
Follows..
One Cup heavy Whipping Cream
Half Cup Conf Sugar
**One packet Instant pudding mix. OR
IF desired One Packet Unflavored Gelatin dissolved in water.

Take a bigger bowl and keep some ice cubes in that.. Over the cubes place anr bowl. Take one cup cream and add sugar and Pudding mix( if needed )... and beat with electric mixer for about 5-7 mins on medium till soft peaks are on the blade. The icing is ready.
Pictoral is as follows;

I had no clue of making any hairstyles, I guess having short hair has made me incompetent of making any hairstyles, and having 2 boys does no help in this department, yet I tried and it looked okay.



The skirt was the most that made me happy. I wanted to perfect the rosettes and it was on my mind long enough to put them on the cake, and my friend gave me the opportunity. She gave me absolutely no conditions or terms of how she wanted the cake to be, all she said was make a doll cake as and like your wish. I am very thankful to her for this opportunity, and would love making cakes for her doll as many times as I can.
One last look at the doll. I apologize for the final picture. But it was only in the evening that I was able to take the picture of the doll cake all assembled and ready to shine at the party. Hope you all also appreciate my efforts.












Photobucket

18 comments:

Manasi said...

LOVE the details. the roses are exquisite :)

Ansh said...

It turned out beautiful Ash!!

Spicy-Aroma said...

wow..doll cake looks absolutely stunning..very beautifully done..loved it!!
Spicy-Aroma

chef and her kitchen said...

too good..looks superb

Blackswan said...

Gosh, u're a genius! I could never have done this. I wouldn't bear to eat this lovely cake. Well done, dear!

Ash, I've been nominated for this Int'l Women's Day. Appreciate if you could support this event & click on "Like" @ Support International Women's Day! I Thank U for your time!

Aarthi said...

awesome cake

Aarthi
http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

hotpotcooking said...

WOW!!! Lovely so sute decoration

Square Meals said...

GORGEOUS!!! Need I say more?

Aparna from Square Meals

Achu's Amma's Kitchen said...

awesome amazing cake..doll is cute..and cake is also cute

Julie said...

Very cute doll with all frosting, never would love it to be cut :-)) great efforts,Ash!!!

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Very beautifully made, looks fantastic.

Sudha said...

Oops, the doll cake looks stunningly beautiful! What an exquisite work of art, Ash - speaks volumes for your talent:)Thanks for sharing the wonderful pics!

khushi said...

simply wow Ash!! looks amazing!

Unknown said...

Beautiful doll cake. I had also made a Doll Cake for my girls some time back but instead of baking and stacking 3 cakes I had used Wilton's Wonder Mold.

anjana said...

Superb...so beautiful and perfectly done cake..excellent!!!

Unknown said...

it looks perfect ash!...the lil kiddo who is getting this is very lucky!...she must be one happy girl!....it looks beautiful!

Amarendra said...

Wow!!! Beautiful. Hats off to you!!!! Apratim cake aahe. U shud start cooking classes. I will be the first one to enroll.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful cake with exquisite details.