Monday

Sheeryachi Poli-Sooji Halwa Paratha



Hello Dearies!! Have you seen something new on Indulge!! Hint hint!!!

The new Recipe Index Page. Took a lot of time and energies for me to finally do the index and have it up and running. I did it once, only to accidentally click on delete instead of save. All the work was blown away by a mere click. How frustrating was that? Adding insult to injury, I lost some of the drafts I had done for the index on my email message. So playing the blame game, I concluded that it was just not my day!! Some days are good where unexpected things happen and some days are so bad that all expected things go the wrong way! Life is very big to remember such sour days and live by many sweet days. So I went home and made this for dinner ending my day on a much sweeter note. Actually it was not what happened. I had a tiring day at work, so was in no mood for cooking regular dinner. Mr. Ash being out of town helps me on such days as my Munchkins have serious sweet tooth and anything with hint of sugar works for them.


Sheera Recipe

 For the cover:
2 cups Flour/Atta
Salt to taste
Oil..and water..
Knead the dough like regular roti.



Making the poli,
1. Make equal size balls of the cover and sheera
2. Roll a small round of the cover and put the stuffing in it and fold from all sides and roll that in some flour, dust the rolling surface with some flour and
3. Roll into a small round roti or paratha.
4. cook on both sides flipping every 20-30 second so both sides get cooked. serve hot with achar/pickle or ghee.

Enjoy these sheera poli or sooji halwa paratha whenever you have any leftover halwa or if you want to send some healthy and nutritious parathas in the kids lunch at school. My munchkins love these parathas, am sure yours will too.

Sending this to Jagruti's I'M Stuffed event









Photobucket

8 comments:

Manasi said...

A sweet ending to a sour day!
Sorry that u had to go thru the lost data... that is the worst part...mehnat pe paani:(
I like the index part, so user friendly!

Hayley said...

Bolte hai ant bhala to sab bhala..like this parantha..I make sometimes too..:)
hey why don't you send it to my event I'm well stuffed !
Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey
I'M WELL STUFFED !
Giveaway Free Tickets to BBC FOOD SHOW LONDON

hotpotcooking said...

Never had this. Looks delicious.

great-secret-of-life said...

What a way to let ur frustration out.. Nice dish.. This is new to me

Great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

runnergirlinthekitchen.blogspot.com said...

Awww sorry for the loss but am sure after eating this delicious poli you must have felt a little better :))

virunthu unna vaanga said...

oh so sorry ash... but ur sooji halwa paratha looks so sweet n yumm... may be it will be relaxed ur mind!!! we called it as kesari poli...
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA

Priya Suresh said...

Excellent n irresistibe stuffed paratha.

Blackswan said...

So sorry to hear that. That must be such a pain. Hope the Eye-liner prize makes up for that. Be sure to come back for more Giveaways :)