Monday

Fried Rice-Kids Lunch Box

Hello Sweeties!!! Are you well today? Did the kids take the lunch with them to school without any fuss? Lately this has been the story in out home, kids wake up, get ready with morning rituals and  sniff the lunch boxes to try guessing, whats for lunch?

If this has been a regular thing in your homes as well, worry no more. Moms United is there to help you. I have been experimenting in few items that are not only loved by my kids, but which are also easy to assemble in the morning rush. This is essentially as easy as giving tadka to rice and gets ready in no time.

When I was young the lunch box never changed unless it was my birthday. Taking the same old Poli Bhaji aka Roti Subji made school less appealing, seem like a drag throughout the day!! The anticipation of whats for lunch, smells of aloo parathas smeared with ghee from an old classmate's lunch box kept inviting us that we raided his tiffin box well before we were actually supposed to, Come on; who ever will pass out on an delicious piece of aloo paratha, well not me for sure. Sigh!! only if my Lunch box was  worth the wait, School might have been an interesting place to be!!!!

You will need;
1 Cup cooked White rice  
1/2 Medium Onion, Thinly Sliced  
1 Carrot-shredded
1/2 cup Cabbage shredded
5-6 Baby Corn- Sliced lengthwise
1/2 inch Ginger--finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped

Seasonings;
1 tbspon dark Soya Sauce
1 tbspn Sweet and Sour Sauce
1 tspn Maggi Noodle seasoning--Optional
* I have saved it from Maggi Instant Noodle packet  
1/2 Tspn Black Pepper  
Salt and sugar to taste 2 Tbspn Oil

 In a wok, heat oil on a high flame, add ginger and garlic.. fry for one min...then add onions., carrots and cabbage and corn. Fry till the carrots get cooked slightly. Then add the Soya sauce, Maggi Seasoning and  Black pepper, Salt and Sugar.. Stir continuously...lastly add the cooked rice.. and fry for anr couple of min's.

The rice is  ready to be served. Garnish with spring onions if kids like it. Enjoy this fried rice hot or at room temperature.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Manasi said...

I was one of those kids who
constantly demanded 'something nice' in my lunch box and my poor working mom had to fulfill my wishes.
I wonder what Motherhood will bring to me in terms of all the trouble I gave her! O_o
Is the color because of the sweet n sour sauce or the seasoning? Looks nice.

Unknown said...

I was miserable when it came to food in lunch box, I gavce her areal hard time. The color is red as I used the sweet and sour sauce. Donut gets teased at school coz of the lunch box he takes,. more on that in the next post. So try to keep the sauces less and flavor more in his food.
Love Ash.

Priya Suresh said...

Hardly seen kids saying not to fried rice,my kids favourite too.

Unknown said...

Simple and quick....i like so with rice or noodles....just because...my kids will eat up all the veggies if I do it so! yummy!

Amarendra said...

Looks very inviting. Not only kids but also adults will luv this.

great-secret-of-life said...

perfect lunch box item