Tuesday

Stuffed Pullapart Bread Roll


Pullapart rolls
Hello Dearies!!!! Things are warming up in Ashland and I am sure they are for you too. Its something about the warm weather that makes you pack your lunch and visit few places, drive some distance yo meet up with friends or simply bake some bread. Maybe the last part holds true for Ms. Ash. 

Whatever be the reason, try making this bread. I saw many posts some time back when members of We knead to bake group  posted something about pull apart loaf. I cannot join any such events as  I am not sure when and how I can do in the deadline. Also I am bad at following recipes. Somewhere I act smart and goof up.

They are surely a bunch of great bloggers though, who whip up amazing bakes and have amazing pictures. Me..........lets just leave it at that.

This is just an excuse I know, but I am not great with deadlines. I am a free will person who cannot be bound by deadlines, that's my alibi, lame I know, but something to cover my laziness and lack of planning. Now on to my version of pull apart rolls.

For the dough,

Prep Time; 10 mins to mix the dough
2-3 hours for the dough to rise
Makes around 14 small rolls of about 2 inches long and 1 inch deep.


You will need;
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup All Purpose flour
1 Tbsp dry active Yeast 
1 Tbsp Sugar and 1/2 cup warm water to bloom the yeast
1 Tsp Dried Rosemary
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
1 Tsp Garlic powder
2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil and 
Salt for taste
water as needed to make the dough 

For stuffing;
 2 Tbsp Green chutney/Pesto
2 Tbsp Ketchup
Cheese to spread- as per your choice. I used about 2 tbsp each roll

In a bowl, take the dry active yeast, sugar and warm water and mix well. Keep it aside to bloom for 10 minutes. The mixture will be frothy, if the yeast is active. If the yeast is old discard the mixture and get fresh yeast. I always prefer to check the yeast then move on to the dough.

In a mixing bowl, take the flour, add the seasonings, garlic powder, rosemary, basil,  and little oil to start the mixing, as you move along making the dough, add the oil and knead into a soft dough. Cover with the plastic wrap and let it sit in  a warm place.

I preheat the oven to 200 Degree F and then shut it off. Then place the bowl with the dough to rest and rise for a good 2-3 hours. I have never experienced problems with dough rising not enough.

When the dough doubles in size, it is ready to be baked into some yummy rolls. Punch out the air from the dough and divide the dough into 2 equal halves.

Take one ball and roll a circle of about 8 inches in diameter and spread  the chutney on it, then spread the cheese and roll it into a log, cut equal pieces of it and arrange in a  bread loaf pan and keep aside.

Similarly, do another with ketchup and cheese stuffing and let it rise again for another 30-45 minutes.

Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degree F for about 15-17 minutes. Enjoy warm with some Broccoli soup


PS. Sorry for the picture but I could save only these few from my hungry tummy.

Photobucket

No comments: