Tuesday

Modak Pedha-Milk pedha( Microwave version)


ganpati bappa special mawa modak pedha

























Hello Sweeties!!! Missed me, I surely did miss you guys a lot. The reason for the long absence was a quick trip home and am I glad that I am back just in time to welcome the beloved bappa in my home.
 
My Mom does not have the bappa at my home but my aunt has it at her home...where we all assemble for the big day..we used to get up as early as we ccould....few of us rushed to the market to get fresh flowers and modak pedha's to distribute as prasad....then came the decorations for the Aras/mandir for the bappa...Moms would get busy with the elaborate lunch and Naivedya.. and best of All," Star of the day"-- Ukdiche  Modak.

I try to live up to my memories and wish that, my kids also have such memories associated with festivals and special occasions.
 
Apart form the regular Ukdiche modak(Steamed dumpling with coconut and jaggery filling) I also tried my hand with the milk/mawa pedha shaped like a modak; but this time I did get the modak mould from India. 

You will need;
7 oz Condensed milk
7 oz dry Non fat Milk powder
** I used Carnation Brand 
1/2 Stick Butter
2 Tbspn Sugar
1tspn Elaichi
Yellow food color- optional

In a microwaveable glass bowl, melt the butter and add in the rest of the ingredients, mix well and pulse in the microwave for 3 minutes stopping every minute to stir and mix. 
 
When the mixture looks cooked and  starts becoming slightly hard, remove form the glass bowl and let cool for about 10 mins. When its warm and easy to handle, start moulding the milk mixture into pedhas. if you do not have the mould, Use your fingers to shape them, like I did last year.

Ganpati Bappa Morya!!!! Let the Festivities begin!!!

Photobucket

No comments: