Wednesday

Minion Rush!!!! Ba-Ba-Bananna!!!!!

Minion Rush!!!! Ba-Ba-Bananna!!!!! Cake
Hello Sweeties!!! Today is a big day in Ashland. Donut celebrates his first double digit birthday! I am happy and sad at the same time. Ever felt this mixed emotion? I am happy that he is growing into a fine boy, sad as he is not longer my baby.

He is not into parties with cake cutting and the whole nine yards associated with birthday parties for kids. He wants a time out of home with 3-4 boys/classmates, wow.. what did I do to expedite his growth?

 I for one was all for big birthdays  cake cutting and gifts. However its not my birthday,  so he will call the shots now on in Ashland.

Despicable Me is huge hit in our home currently.  Kids playing minion rush on iPad, talking, singing like Minions, you name it and they do it. Left with little to zero choice, here goes my attempt in making Donut's favorite character Dave.

I baked 2-- 6 inch cakes and  trimmed the tops on one cake. The Minion Suspenders and eyes and everything fondant is hand made and cut from rolled fondant. Excuse the shabby and messy job.

There is no recipe as such to share today, the cakes and icing is discussed at much length. I used store brought fondant and made my whipped cream icing. I know wrong choice as the icing is loose and the fondant is bleeding color. But I promise to re-do this cake and do  a better job.


Photobucket

No comments: