Thursday

Eggless Beetroot Cake

Eggless Beetroot Cake

Hello Sweeties!!! If you are wondering if you read the header correct, do not worry!! This is indeed a beetroot cake, but you can bet my last penny, no one can tell and hence, no one needs to know.


If I try and make my kids eat beets in traditional ways, I am inviting a huge fight with lots of tears( mine off-course) and lots of beets being cooked that I will eat over a period of time.



My kids love the date nutella cake all the time, they still don't know there is date in that cake, likewise they ate this cake never suspecting the beets in the cake. Munchkin even said I made the best red velvet cake.


You will need;
1 Cup Beetroot Pulp
* boil beetroot with 1/2 cup water in a pressure cooker and once cool, grind it into a pulp 
1 Cup Sugar
1/2  Cup Oil
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Organic All Purpose Flour
2 Tbspn cocoa powder
1 tspn ENO-(Fruit Salt)
In a bowl , mix the beet pulp, sugar, cocoa powder and oil, and whisk well till sugar melts.Then add the flour  one big spoon at a time. Keep whisking it till all the flour and the wet mix gets incorporated, and lastly ENO. Stir the batter lightly.

In a well greased loaf pan, pour the mix and bake in a pre-heated oven @ 350.. for about 35-40 mins or till the knife comes out clean.

Photobucket

No comments: